Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Contacted by FirstDibz.com

hello,
there has been quite a response to my last post regarding firstdibz.com.  I feel obligated to keep everyone updated  and provide whatever information comes to me.    There was a ticket news article posted with some further information

http://www.ticketnews.com/FirstDIBZ-forced-to-cancel-hundreds-of-Super-Bowl-orders-after-seller-fraud109145

I was contacted this evening around 6:30 p.m. CT by an employee of firstdibz.com.  I was told they are getting around to contacting everybody who was affected by the situation and they are doing everything they can blah blah. 

The biggest  update that I can provide is that we will be refunded or have already been refunded on dibz on teams that have also lost.   while I know this is a small consolation it does show that they are at least working on this case.

I was assured that this incident was 100% caused and due to the actions of two individuals selling the "uDibz" and that something like this would never happened with Sanctioned FirstDibz.  They have since removed all uDibz from the market.  I was told that soon they will send out an email saying that any Dibz still in holding will be valid and we will not have to worry about another similar fiaco.

Next I was assured that they are going after the two individuals and will seek damages from them and they will pass along any compensation to us, the consumer, and possibly include a further compensation out of their pockets.

Please comment as to what Firstdibz.com tells you if and when you are contacted.

4 comments:

SungaSid said...

Refunding our accounts or giving us peanuts from 2 scam artists is not going to "ensure customer satisfaction." FirstDibz needs to come through on their guarantee and supply everyone with the tickets they purchased. They need to come up with a resolution prior to the games kicking off on Sunday or their reputation will be ruined. Failure to come up with the tickets (regardless of cost) will result in many law suits and FirstDibz filing for bankruptcy.

Unknown said...

Please keep me informed of any new information and let me know how I can help in any way. I refuse to sign any new agreement with them and feel that we should be getting more than they are offering in this agreement. I attached a copy of my last email to FirstDibz. They do not get back to you.

The same exact thing just happened to me. I bought dibz in Miami, Indianopolis, the Eagles and Cardinals to hedge my Giants dibz and my San Diego and Tennessee dibz. For the first time I did not sell off any of my Dibz in the playoffs because I should have been guaranted 2 Super Bowl tickets. I owned the Giants so I purchased Arizona and Philly options which were the only 3 remaining teams in the NFC. I also owned San Diego options which I did not sell because I thought I had my 2 tickets in the bag and possibly 4 if San Diego won. It is not as simple as refunding me my purchase price and fees for these fraudulent options but what about all the money I lost from not selling off the other options. These fraudulent transaction changed my entire mind set of how I was going to proceed this year. I have my whole trip planned and no tickets nor the money to purchase them because of this fiasco. Please let me know of any lawsuits. I have already contacted the Attorney Generals office and am consulting with an attorney. My email is vinny718@gmail.com I refuse to sign the seller agreement that they sent after the fact.

Unknown said...

Will do. I also downloaded and am filling out the form from the NY District Attorney's office. I had downloaded the form that pertains to Internet related issues. I will see what their response is.


On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 11:20 AM, JL goodluckbids@yahoo.com wrote:

I have filed a complaint with BBB, please send everyone you know this email:

better business bureau (BBB) complaint form: For anyone who want to file a formal complaint form, it is so EASY and took me 10 minutes. Here is the link: https://odr.bbb.org/odrweb/public/GetStarted.aspx
-CLICK "NEXT"
-Answer 3 questions, CLICK "NEXT"
- your "Zip"
- Leave search by phone, company all blank, just go to "SEARCH BY URL" and type in "www.Firstdibz.com", click NEXT
- two matches shows up, I chose the first one w/ the BBB logo
THEN SAY EVERYTHING you want to say in details! Easy people please do it!
I did one already, we need EVERYONE to do it to bring the attentions to BBB and other authorities. Talking is no use at this point, we GOTTA DO SOMETHING! I did not sign their stupid agreement so for those of you that are with me, first step is to FILE THE COMPLAINT.

Unknown said...

Due to a variety of issues at play in the FirstDIBZ world, such as the need for funds to cover the unexpected losses incurred as a result of the fraudulent activities perpetuated in our markets in early January, we have been unable to honor all withdrawals in a timely manner. Because of this, we have had to enter a recapitalization period from which we expect to emerge in 45 days. In short this means that we are asking for your continued patience and understanding over the next 1.5 months as we continue to raise capital and generate enough revenue to process our payment obligations to you.

We ask that you understand that without the time to recapitalize, honoring your requests will take a great deal longer than 45 days. We have considered all options and feel that this is the fastest and safest route to meeting our commitments.

We will continue to operate FirstDIBZ with the singular purpose of honoring your withdrawal requests as fast as we can. We have also taken additional and necessary steps to ensure the validity and safety of all markets going forward. Also during this 45 day period there will be ZERO TRANSACTION FEES as a special benefit to all of our customers.

These are very difficult times for many companies, large and small. In response, we at FirstDIBZ have decided to fight back and rebuild rather than capitulate to market insecurities and negative economic factors. We understand that we can only do this with your continued patience and understanding. As we move forward we will keep you informed.

The FirstDIBZ Team